Tags

lunes, 5 de noviembre de 2012

Health tip XII: Fast food

We're students, which in most cases means we're poorer than rats. However, we still like to go out, enjoy the city, sightsee and all that jazz. What do we do in those days we don't get to cook? We eat out. And what do we eat? Fast food. You know it's true, don't try to deny it. McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, Nando's... you name it. They're the cheapest way to eat out. And, as unhealthy as they might be, they also taste good. 


The other day I went to the cinema with my flatmate. Before entering the screening, we decided to drop by McDonald's to grab a bite. In England, the bastards have put the number of kcal next to every item on the menu. Honestly, I was happier when I didn't know how many calories a Quarter Pounder had. However, some things cannot be unseen, so I decided to try and eat something a little bit healthier. Here's my suggestion:
  • Take chicken nuggets instead of a burger. 6 of them have 250 kcal (290 if you add some dip).
  • As a side dish, take the salad instead of the fries. I know, I know it hurts, but it is actually kind of good and it only has 10 kcal (40 if you add the sauce, which is really tasty).
  • Instead of regular coke, take diet coke. 
There you go. You will have eaten at McDonald's for less than 350 kcal! It is possible, it's just not the most delicious choice.

Remember, you can eat whatever you want, I'm only giving you tips here. Actually, I would've probably eaten the fries if I had not eaten an ice-cream a few hours prior. It's just a matter of keeping count so you don't end up eating 3500 kcal every day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario