Tags

lunes, 22 de octubre de 2012

Emancipated student alert!

Hi there, bloggers!

The name's Judit, though most choose to call me Judy. I don't mind either way, just don't write it "Judith" because it gets on my nerves. Everything you should know about me is on the description, really. Take into account that I am not actually British, so I might screw up with the language. I'm sorry about that, guys!

Okay, first of all let me introduce you to the joys of living abroad. Actually, up until this september I used to live in the outskirts of Barcelona with my parents, in a comfortable 120m^2, four-bedroom flat. You know the drill. Last year, however, I decided to apply for an Erasmus Mundus to spend nine months studying abroad at the University of Roehampton in London. Never thought I'd get it, honestly, but I did! And so little Judy packed her suitcases and flew all the way to the United Kingdom to start a new life. 

It's not flatsharing what gets difficult once you're on your own. Not even when you've to share your kitchen with seven more people (though I admit that it can get quite messy). Actually, I love most of my flatmates so no battles on that front. What I found and still find complicated is to stay in shape without risking my physical and menta health. Honestly, guys, doing the shopping in the UK is the most dangerous thing I've done in my life, especially since I have no willpower whatsoever and I absolutely love food. Have you ever gone to ASDA? They've got everything and anything one could wish for: a hundred different brands of chocolate, bisquits, cakes and so, so, so, so on. I admit that I've got quite the sweet tooth, but I like my body as it currently is (170 cm/54 kg) and I don't want that to change. Maybe you British people are used to this sort of supermarkets and can refrain yourselves, but I was born in Barcelona, where the mediterranean diet is a given and a must. I've gone quite crazy since I came here.  

That's the main reason I've decided to start this blog; to give people in my situation my own perspectives of the whole living alone business. I'll try and post healthy recipes and other tips that might be helpful in order to stay healthy and fit!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario