Tags

lunes, 22 de octubre de 2012

Health tip I: Join the gym


I know it's hard, I know you're a lazy arse, but so am I, to be honest. I love nothing more than to stay in and read a good book while drinking hot chocolate, especially with this honest to God awful weather. However, if you want to stay fit joining the gym is the only viable option. 

University fitness centres are quite cheap to their students, so take advantage of that. I have joined roeactive and usually go from three to four times a week. 

My tip if you're as lazy as I am: find a gym partner. Ideally, it should be someone who is: 
  • Really sporty and therefore eager to exercise.
  • As concerned about health as you are (or even more).
  • As much of a food-lover as you are.
It is the recipe to success! I go to the gym with two friends; both of them love food and one of them is as much of a health-freak as I am. Trust me, exercising gets fun when you do it in good company.

Besides, have you ever heard of the "runner's high"? When you exercise your body releases endorphins, the hormone of happiness. As soon as you're done with your gym session, you'll find yourself in high spirits and feeling quite fucking good. And it will get better and better in time. 

Do remember to stretch before and after your sessions, though. Don't want anyone getting injured!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario